Posted by Charley at 12:15 am
Thankfully, the dot-matrix era is history. Remember that noisy and slow printer that can only print text format files and took such a long time printing? They were popular in the 70’s to 80’s, when printing high quality pictures have not been discovered yet. It uses tiny pins that run back and forth while pressing the ink ribbon on the paper. Some companies still prefer to use this old method for business purposes but the typical printers in households are now more advanced.
The Lexmark C54on is one of the popular printers used nowadays. It uses color laser printing technology that makes perfect picture quality prints and is able to complete the task in approximately just 12 seconds. Additionally, it is also wireless capable. It can be shared to a network for convenience, making it ideal for home and office use.
Maintenance and troubleshooting of the Lexmark C540n is similar to other standard printers. Here are the troubleshooting steps for general printer issues.
- Power cycling the printer is the most basic step. This simple action can resolve most problems in printing.
- Verify the cable for any damages from pets or pests.
- Ensure that all pins are straight. If a pin is bended, try aligning the pin properly or replace the cable altogether.
Check the printer properties
- Some computers will not proceed to print if the default printer option was set to a different printer. Follow these steps on how to verify and properly setup the properties.
- Click on Start > Go to Control Panel > Double-click Printer and Faxes > Right-click on the Lexmark printer icon and then click “Set as Default Printer”.
Resolving wireless setup issue
- Ensure that the printer is powered ON.
- Verify the SSID. If you don’t know it, run the wireless setup again.
- Check if the printer is in range of the network.
- Keep the printer at least 2 feet away from other electrical devices such as radios, televisions, microwave ovens, or telephones. This will prevent signal interference.
- Temporarily turn OFF any anti-virus programs that might cause this problem.
Fix the common driver problem
- In case the driver software got corrupted, make sure to uninstall the current driver before re-installing the driver.
- Always keep the driver updated for optimum performance.
The Lexmark C540n is one of the best printers in the market today. It delivers crisp quality images and allows wireless printing. Although printers have different features and performance qualities, they are quite similar in terms of resolving issues. All printers, like any other device, need updated drivers to function properly.